7-24-16, Surrendering In Sixteen, Forgiven Part#1
Blessed Are the Forgiven A Maskil of David. Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. Selah I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah (ESV)
Psalm 32, Romans 4:1-12, 2 Cor. 3
- Receive Christ’s _____________________________ for our sin! Verse 1-2(2 Cor. 3)
- Forgiveness comes when you ________________ and receive.
- Forgiveness removes iniquity and deceit.
- _______________ sin can suffocate the spirit within. Verse 3-4
- You can’t hide sin from God! (1 Cor. 2:10)
- God’s heavy hand is conviction.(John 16:4-11)
- Conviction reveals to us our need to repent.
- Conviction requires _____________________ on our part.
- Repentance is required for forgiveness. (Mark 1:14-15)
- God’s forgiveness is a ___________. (Romans 10:5-13)
- God will not ______________ His forgiveness upon you.
- God wants you to choose forgiveness in humility.
- Restoration is _____________________________________. Verse 5
- We must ____________ our sin not blaming others.
- Owning our sin reveals to us our need for a Savior.
- We must confess our sin to the Lord. (1 John 1:9)
- Confession leads to consecration. (1 Peter 2:9)
Key to Transformation
Be blessed when you confess and receive forgiveness!
1.sacrifice,1a. repent 2.Silent, 2d. action 3a.must, 3b. force, 4.liberating 4a. own.