History of Cornerstone Community Church


Fishing in the Flathead Valley for almost 100 years!

In 1989, the new church building was constructed, where it still stands today. It was built entirely by the church members on donated land. This is why we now have this place to gather debt free!




New pews for the sanctuary are dedicated

In 1982 Fred and Lyla Kammerdiener dedicated new pews for the sanctuary. These same pews are now part of COG in Great Falls!


Rev. Pomeroy moved to the Flathead Valley

Reverend Pomeroy graduated in 1967 and pastored the First Church of God for 20 years.

This article from May 18, 1969 highlights Rev. Pomeroy's move to the Flathead Valley in order to pursue his education.


Church of God Kalispell is founded by Charles and Elaine Bolin

The top portion reads
Several Ministers in the state wanted to start a church in Kalispell; Bro. and Sis. Charles Bolin felt they should move here, so in May 1943, they came. He was ordained at the summer camp meeting in 1944.

The WM. C Ross family was the only church of God family here then.

The first missionary meeting was held on Nov 28th, 1945, with Nadine Bolin, Mrs. A. E. Baertsch, Mrs. Chapman, and Mrs. J. W. Jewell Present.