Part #5 Eternally Driven
1 John 5:1-4, Gen. 37-42, Acts 7, Col.3 1-17
1 John 5:1-5
Overcoming the World Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? (ESV)
Always surrendering to God (Not my will but your will Lord).
Believing in the Power of God (The Cross changed everything).
Investing in the Kingdom of God (All I have and all I am is yours Lord).
Directed by the Holy Spirit (Being totally led by the Holy Spirit).
Eternally Driven (1 John 5:4) (To live is Christ to die is gain).
- Focused on Christ Even unto ___________, like Stephen. (Acts 7:54-60)
- Would you give up your job for the cause of Christ?
- Would you give up your ______________ for the cause of Christ?
- Would you give your life for the cause of Christ?
- Focused on ___________ through the difficulties of this life, like Joseph.
- Sold out by his brothers. (Gen. 37:18-24)
- Enslaved by strangers. (Gen. 37:36)
- (Gen. 39:20)
- _____________________ in prison. (Gen. 40:23)
- Gives God Glory (Gen. 41:52
- Focusing your ______________, mind and soul on eternity. (Matt. 28:19)
- It’s not by our __________________. (Phil. 4:13)
- It’s not by our wealth, abilities or status. (Duet. 8:17-20)
- Focusing your thoughts, __________________ and actions on glorifying God. (Col. 3:1-17)
- Focusing on ______________ plan for your life not your plan (humility). (Phil. 2:1-10)
Key’s to Transformation
Put Yourself on the Shelf
Answers: 1.death, 1b.freedom, 2. Christ, 2.d. Forgotten, 3.heart, 3a.power, 4. Attitude 5. God’s