- Review: Are you, (In Christ)? (Romans 8)
Three C’s of transformation:
- Conviction – (John 16:4-11)
- Confession –
- Confess-Jesus Christ as Lord (Romans 10:9-10)
- Confess-Your sins ( 1 John 1:9-10)
- Change – (2 Cor. 5:16-21) – With Christ:
- Change is required. The old is gone behold all things become new. (Verse 17)
- Change is only eternal if we allow God to do it!
- Christ is seated at the right hand of the throne of
Majesty in heaven! (Acts 7:54-60)
- A minister in the Holy Place
- The true tent
- Built by God
- Christ offers us a much better covenant built on the promises of God not man!(Heb. 8:6)
- Week 16 sermon. “In Christ we are free!”
The Old Covenant came through man.
- Was fleshly. (Gal. 5:16-24)
- Was works based. (Eph. 2:1-10)
The New Covenant is from God through His Son.
- Is Spiritual. (John 3:1-21)
- Is Faith based. (Romans 8:1-13)
- The people did not keep the covenant of God. (Heb. 8:9)
- The new covenant was about the mind and heart not merely going through motions. (Heb. 8:10, Jer. 31:31-34, )
- I will put my laws into their minds
- I will write them on their hearts
- I will be their God
- They will be my people
- Help is only a prayer away!!