(James 4:16-17, Luke 11:37-44)
- To know the right thing and do it not is sin!
- The right thing to do is submit all you are to Christ as Lord!
- Sins of omission: Neglecting to do something God commands us to do. (Romans 7:14- 8:16)
- Failure to love the Lord (Matt. 22:34-40)
- Failure to love your spouse (Eph. 5:25-33)
- Failure to love your children (Prov. 22:6)
- Failure to fellowship (Hebrews 10:25)
- Failure to tell the truth (3 John 8)
- Failure to pray for others (1 Samuel 12:23)
- Failure to give talents/time/treasure (Gal. 2:20, Matt. 6:19-21, 2 Cor. 9:6-8, Malachi 3:8)
- Failure to help another (James 4:17)
- Failure to provide for your family (1 Timothy 5:8)
- Failure to read and study the bible regularly (Psalm 119:11, 1 Timothy 2:15, Hebrews 4:12)
- God’s accountability goes beyond what man sees into the heart! Where is your heart? (1 Sam. 16:7, Psalm 53:2)
Questions for Transformation
Is there something you are neglecting to do?
Three steps to overcoming the sins of omission.
- Search the scriptures. What does the bible say about that which your neglecting?
- Seek the Lord through prayer. When was the last time you had a long, uninterrupted conversation with God? When can you have a lengthy conversation with God again? Put it on the calendar and stick to it.
- Submit to the Lord yielding your will and way to His will and way! What does submission look like? Please Explain