The Book of James #9
“Rebellion or Renewal”
- To hear the word is only a part of the process of being the obedient servants we are called to be!
- A disciple takes action! (Matt. 28:18-20)
- A disciple hides God’s word in their heart. (Psalm 119:11)
- A disciple is single minded. (James 1:5-8)
- A disciple abides in the Word of God. (John 8:31-38)
- Below is a list of things that hinder us from being doers?
- You have your plan (King Saul, 1 Sam 15:22-23)
- You want your control (Ananias, Acts 5:1-5)
- You aren’t surrendered to God (Luke 9:23-25)
- You want to pursue riches (Rich ruler, Luke 18:18-30)
- You want heaven without transformation (Rom.12:1-2)
- Maybe you’re in rebellion? (1 John 3:11, Heb. 13:7-19)
- A little rebellion destroys a lifetime of work
- A little rebellion destroys separates us from God
- Being a doer is where the blessings are found. (John 13:17)
- Through transformation (Romans 12:1-2)
- Being liberated from the flesh (James 4:4-5)
- Bearing fruit (John 15)
- Being a vessel for the Lord (Eph. 5:18)
- Living with joy in spite of the pain (Luke 6:22-23)
- Celebrating eternal life now and forever (1 Peter 1:8-9)
- Being the fruit of God (Galatians 5:22)
- Being co-heirs with Christ (1 Peter 2:9)
- A person being deceived rebels against God! (James 1:22)
- A disciple is renewed by the word of God! (2 Cor. 4:16-18)
- Are you in rebellion or renewal?
Questions for Transformation
Are you being renewed by the word daily?
- What does deception look like?
- What does renewal look like?
- How can you strive to be in renewal?
Are you seeking daily transformation? If so what has God done in you in the last month? If you aren’t seeking daily transformation what’s more important than your eternal home? (Matt. 10:26-33)