9-24-17, Serving in Seventeen, Lights, Camera, Action, Introduction to James #1
1. The Light of Christ- (John 1:1-13)
a. What affect does, CHRIST the LIGHT, have on you?
i. Light is worthy of a witness.-Does your life bear witness to the light? (vs. 7,8)
ii. Light gives light to all- Have you received the light? (vs. 9)(John 12:46)
iii. Light, when received, allows you to be a child of God. (vs. 12-13)(Psalm 27:1)
2. Light/CHRIST shines! (vs. 5)
a. Through His Creation (John 12:46)
b. Through His word (John 12:35-36)
c. Through His people (Acts 26:12-18)
3. Light/CHRIST pushes back the darkness. (John 8:12)
4. Light/CHRIST illuminates us. (Psalm 27:1)
5. We win when we walk in the light! (1 Peter 2:9-10)
6. Light becomes dim when sin enters in! (1 John 1:5-10)
7. Light becomes dim when selfishness enters in! (Phil. 2)
8. Light becomes dim when we pursue darkness! (Eph. 5:3-14)
9. Light becomes dim when we stop seeking LIGHT! (John 12:35-36)
10. CHRIST longs to reign in us! (1 John 2:7-11)
Questions for Transformation?
Is CHRIST in you?
Is the light brighter than the darkness in you?
Is the light being pursued in you?
Is your life spreading the light of Christ to others?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download