6-3-2019, Dirt Suit Frustrations, Pastor Luke Knoll
- Vanity and vapors- In the world of, (I and Me), we find we are
about VANITY! (Eccl. 1:2,14, 2:1,11,15,17,19,21,23,26 – 12:8)
Fruits of vanity/control: Fruits of Surrender:
a. Greed – I want more… Contentment
b. Grudges – How dare you… Forgiveness
c. Gloom – If only… Joy
- Dirt suit desires lead to: (Eccl.2:1-11, Romans 8:5-8)
a. Daisy pushing purposes
b. Life waisted in the flesh is futile – dust to dust
c. Death to the flesh is eternal-The Spirit is Life
- Wisdom is not immortality. (Eccl. 2:12-17)
a. Wisdom for one in the flesh still leads to death
b. Wisdom for one in the Spirit is life
- Toil of the temporal? (Eccl. 2:18-26)
a. The Temporal Blinds
b. The Eternal Enlighten
- Ecclesiastes allows us to Evaluate:
a. Are we vain?
b. Are we living with meaning?
c. Are we wasting our work?
d. Are we chasing the wind?
e. Are we fearing God? (Eccl. 12:13-14)
i. With reverence
ii. With obedience
iii. With eternal purpose