(Hebrews 11:20-28, Exodus 6:16-27, Deut. 6:4-9, 11:17-25)
- A blessing by faith in a covenant keeping God! (Gen. 26:1-5)
- A blessing through testing resulting in faith growth.
- A blessing given from a selfless servant’s heart.
- A blessing given by one seeking a heavenly homeland.
- The Legacy of the Levites, future blessings! Believing by faith beyond their lives. (Genesis 27-50, Exodus 6:14-25)
- Isaac Blesses Jacob and Esau
- Jacob blessed the sons of Joseph
- Joseph references the Exodus
- Joseph gave instructions concerning His bones, knowing by faith God would deliver His people.
- Faith for a future, beyond circumstances. (Exodus 2-12)
- Moses Hidden for three months, placed in a basket.
- Moses refused the treatment of a prince and chose rather to be mistreated.
- Moses considered Christ above all by faith having not yet seen the Christ Child.
- Moses did not fear the King and left Egypt
- Moses by faith kept the Passover
- Results of Faith!
- A mother putting her child in a basket on a river.
- A man refusing the comforts of the king.
- A man looking for the heavenly reward.
- A man called of God to keep the Passover.
- A man called by God to lead God’s people out of Egypt.
- Are you a blessing to others? (Col. 3, Phil. 3)
- Do you encourage others in their walk with the Lord?
- Do you pray that others do what you want them to do or that they do what God wants them to do?
- Do you help others expecting something in return?
- Does your example lead others to Christ?
- What kind of legacy do you want to leave?
- A legacy of, “I want it now”, selfishness/control.
- A legacy of, “I want eternal life”, selfless sacrifice/faith.
- Faith is allowing God complete control, selfishness seeks to be in control of self and others! Let God be in control!
Key to transformation!
Leave a legacy that points future generations to the Lord!
It starts with a heart longing for others to receive a blessing!