4-24-16, Surrendering In Sixteen, The Father’s Testimony
1 John 5:6-12
Testimony Concerning the Son of God This is he who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not by the water only but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree. If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater, for this is the testimony of God that he has borne concerning his Son. Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. ( ESV)
The Father’s Testimony
Jesus Christ came by ___________________. The Baptism of Christ.
- God spoke. (Matt. 3:13-17, John 1:29-34)
- God clarified ____________ Jesus Christ was.
- God clarified what He thought of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ came by ___________________. The Crucifixion of Christ.
- God acted. (Matt. 27:51-54)
- God tore the curtain.
- God _____________________ the ground.
- God raised saints from the dead.
- _____________ Holy Spirit testifies.
- The Spirit of truth bears witness. (John 15:26)
- The Spirit of truth will guide you into all truth. (John 16:14)
- The Spirit bears witness with our spirit. (Romans 8:15-16)
- Which testimony do you __________________________?
- Men called Christ an impostor. (Matt. 27:63)
- God proved Jesus Christ is the Son of God!!!
- Is this Truth inside you?
- Is Christ on the _____________________ of your heart?
- Is the Holy Spirit working in and through you?
- Faith is the ____________ to eternal life. (Romans 10:9-10)
- Believing in the testimony of God, will create a life of service to God.
Key to Transformation!!
Believe the Truth from our Father in Heaven!
Answers: 1.water, 1.b. who 2.blood, 2.c. shook 3. God’s 4.believe 5.a. throne, 6.key
Podcast: Play in new window | Download