1 John 4:13-16, Romans 8:1-27
1 John 4:13-16
By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. (ESV)
Always surrendering to God!
Believing in the Power of God!
Investing in the Kingdom of God!
Directed by the Spirit of God! (1 John 4:6,13,+5:6,8, John 6:63,14:17)
- Striving for the ____________________ in the realm of the real. (1 Peter 1:13-16)
- Ideally we are to be like Christ, Directed by the _________________ Spirit!
- Obedient to our Father in Heaven
- Selfless in our service of the Father. (Phil. 2:1-10)
- Filled with and directed by the Holy Spirit
- Really we are ________________ sinners, directed by self/flesh. (Romans 8:5-8)
- Seeking our own desires
- Selfish and arrogant
- Filled with pride
- In order for the Holy Spirit to reign in our lives we must ____________________ healthy tension, responding to it by being drawn out of sin and into Holiness.
- Tension to forgive, love, evangelize etc….
- Tension to be transformed into the image of Christ
- Tension to obey the word of God
- Tension to be selfless in our service of God
- Tension to be Holy
- Tension to be filled and led by the Holy Spirit
- Tension today can enable us to have eternal victory!
- Allow the __________________ of the ideal to ____________________ your real!! Then the Holy Spirit can rule your life creating daily spiritual growth, renewal, transformation.
Key’s to Transformation: Allow the Spirit of God full reign in your life, Embrace God’s ideal eternal life!
Answers: 1.ideal, 2.Holy, 3. broken, 4.embrace, 5. tension, transform