3-04-18, Being Accountable in 2018, Lights, Camera, Action. The book of James #15, Pt.1
Who’s are you? Part #1
“Dying to the American Dream!”
(James 4:1-12, Matt. 22:34-40, Mark 12:28-33, Luke 10:27)
- What desires do you have? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- What is it you want but cannot obtain? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- What have you asked for and not yet received? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Friendship with the world is enmity with God! (Rom. 8:7)
- God is jealous for the spirit he has gifted to you! (2 Tim. 1:14)
- God longs to be reunited with the spirit in you! (2 Cor. 5:5)
- The proud find themselves opposed to God. (1 Peter 5:5)
- The humble receive grace from above! (1 Peter 5:6)
- Submit, resist, and draw near to God! (James 4:7)
- Sin is ugly, let’s not make light of sin! (Mark 9:45)
- The humble will be exalted. (1Peter 5:6)
- Speaking against a brother for selfish gain is sin! (Eph. 4:31)
Questions for Transformation
Are you seeking to be a friend to the things in this world?
Do you submit yourself to God?
When was the last time God called you out of your comfort zone? How did you respond to His call?
What are you really longing for currently?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________Does that longing compete with your affection towards God?