2-4-18, Being Accountable in 2018, Lights, Camera, Action. The book of James Pt. 12
“Faith In Action!”
(James 2:14-26, Luke 14:25-34)
- Our Faith in God can only be active if we die to self.
- God is looking for faithful men and women! (James 2:23)
- Faith merely of the intellect is a dead faith! (Luke 10:25-37)
- God is looking for those who want to serve, sacrifice and die for the sake of the Gospel! (Luke 14:25-34)
- Jesus died for us now we must die for Him! (1 Pet. 2:24)
- Do you want to walk on water? (Matt. 14:28-33)
- The Gospel is the saving power of God! (Romans 1:16)
- God’s righteousness is revealed in the Gospel! (Romans 1:17)
- Faith should result in action, bearing fruit. (John 15)
- To bear fruit we must DIE DAILY! (1 Cor. 15:31-32, Phil. 1:21)
- Daily surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Daily put our self on the shelf and allow God to lead.
- Daily seek to serve the Lord, with all we are.
- Daily keep short accounts with Christ regarding sin.
- Daily hear the word of God and put it into action.
- Daily keep our tongue only by the strength of Christ.
- Daily favor God above self.
- Daily hear and put into action the truth of God’s word.
- Daily seek those things that are above.
- Daily take up our cross.
Questions for Transformation
Christ tells us we must take up our cross and follow Him! (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23)
- What does taking up your cross and following Christ mean to you?
- Would you consider a total lifestyle change for Christ?
- Are there areas in your life that need to change?
Are you seeking daily transformation? If so what has God done in you in the last month? If you aren’t seeking daily transformation what’s more important than your eternal home? (Matt. 10:26-33)