1 John 4:7-12
God Is Love
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. (ESV)
The Lure of Love
- God is _______________:
- God created us so we could enjoy His love for us!
- God gave us free will, so we can choose to love Him.
- God created a “good” place for mankind in the garden.
- God is love, not that love is God, but God is love.
- Love is one of God’s characteristics, of which there are many.
- Man messed up and:
- Allowed the lust of the eyes, (flesh) to entice, and ate of the ___________________________ fruit. (Gen. 3:5-7)
- Allowed sin to place them in bondage. (John 8:31-33)
- All of mankind followed in that sin. (Romans 3:23)
- God intervened on behalf of man:
- God sent __________ Son Jesus Christ. (John 3:16-17, Rom. 5:8)
- God gifted us with grace. (Eph. 2:8-10)
- God freed us from sin and death through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross. (1 Cor. 15:50-58, Isaiah 53:1-6)
- Are you expressing the love of God by _______________ others to Christ?
- Are you a fisher of men? (Matthew 4:19)
- Are you acknowledging Jesus Christ in your life? (Matt. 10:32-33)
- Are you storing up treasures in heaven? (Matt. 6:19-24)
- Are you surrendering your life to Christ daily? (1 Cor. 15:31)
- Are you allowing the thread of love to flow through you?
Key’s to Transformation!!
Remember what God has done for you!
Reveal to others what God has done for you!
Rely on God for the results!
Answers: 1.Love, 2.forbidden, 3.His, 4.luring.