12-6-15-2, Spiritually Fit in Fifteen, Put away dead end desires!
Do Not Love the World
1 John 2:15-17 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life(1)—is not from the Father but is from the world.  And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. (ESV)
Put away dead end desires!
Be careful little eyes what you see!
1 John 2:16-17, Joshua 7
- The desires of the _________- Appealing to the old fallen nature:(Gen. 3:6)
- Driven by the- “I want it now” attitude. Covetousness
- Driven by the- “I deserve this” mindset. Pride
- So often that which you treasure starts with the _________ : (Matt. 6:19-24, Gen 3:6) Some common quotes about seeing;
- “Seeing is believing”, the opposite of Faith.
- “Feast your eyes on this”, lust of the flesh.
- “Did you see that….”, idolatry .
- “Look how beautiful she/he is”, vanity.
- _____________ is very intentional when he explains the severity of sin through the eyes. (Matt. 9:42-50)
- Achan sinned first with his _________. (Joshua 7)
- Seeing led to coveting
- Coveting led to stealing
- Stealing led to lying
- Lying led to God’s anger
- God’s anger brought defeat
- Defeat revealed the sin
- Sin led to death for Achan and his family.
- David sinned first with his __________. (2 Samuel 11:2)
- Oh be careful little eyes what you see!!
- _________ your eyes on Christ. (Heb. 12:1-2)
- The eye is the __________ of the body. (Luke 11:33-36)
Key to Transformation
Pure eyes lead to a pure heart!
Answers: 1.eyes, 2.eye, 3.Christ, 4.eyes, 5.eyes, 7.Fix, 8.lamp.