12-13-15, Spiritually Fit in Fifteen, Put away dead end desires! Part #3
1 John 2:15-17
Do Not Love the World  Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life(1)—is not from the Father but is from the world.  And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. (ESV)
Put away dead end desires! Part #3
With pride comes destruction!
1 John 2:16-17, Luke 4:1-15, Deuteronomy 8:11-20
- Pride of life and pride of possession both involve _________ ourselves out for the things in this life. (Matthew 10:26-33, Luke 4:1-15)
- Pride goes before the _______. (Proverbs 11:2,16:18,29:23)
- Here are the steps of Pride:
- Look what I can do- First step to self-worship.
- Look what I have done- Second step makes a bragger out of us.
- Look what I can do without God-Third step raises our irreverence.
- Look what I have done without God-Fourth step feeds the irreverence.
- What has God done for me lately?-Fifth step creates a deception of arrogance.
- Is there any reason to serve God?-Sixth step allows our minds to be totally overcome with self-sufficiency.
- Is there really a God?-This is where Satan wants us.
- All of these statements have to do with self-worship/pride.
- Remember you and I have all ____________! (Romans 3:23)
- You cannot _______________ your sin by looking to yourself. (John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-10)
- Our sufficiency __________ be in Christ. (Colossians 1:15-23, 2 Cor. 3:4-6,12:9)
- As James reminds us we must ___________ ourselves. (James 4:6-10)
- Your abilities, possessions, accomplishments, fame, or fortune will burn, nothing material matters, only that which is eternal!!! (James 1:9-18, 1 Peter 3:8-13)
- There are things in this life you might think you are accomplishing on your own but as Moses reminded the Israelites so today I remind you. (Deut. 8:11-20)
- Remember God is at _________ in you He will not leave what he started unfinished unless you don’t let Him finish. (Phil. 1:6)
- Finish ___________ in the Lord! (2 Timothy 4:1-7)
Answers: 1.selling, 2.fall, 5.sinned, 6.overcome, 7.must, 8.humble, 11.work, 12.strong
Key’s to Transformation!!
Humility is the key to eternal success!!!
2 c When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
but withd the humble is wisdom.ESV
18 m Pride goes before destruction,
and a haughty spirit before a fall.ESV
13 d The fear of the Lord ise hatred of evil.
f Pride and arrogance and the way of evil
andg perverted speech I hate.ESV
10 l Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.
1 Peter 5:6-7
6 w Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 y casting all your anxieties on him, becausez he cares for you. ESV