1 John 2:7-11
The New Commandment Beloved, I am writing you no new commandment, but an old commandment that you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word that you have heard. At the same time, it is a new commandment that I am writing to you, which is true in him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining. Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. (ESV)
1 John 2:7-11
(Deut. 11:12-25, Romans 13:8-10, Mark12:28-34)
The greatest commandment is to love ________ and love others.
- Primacy means being first in order, rank, or importance, being supreme. Is ____________ supreme in you?
- God’s love is __________________ and selfless. Is your love for others selfless?
- God is love! To ____________ God is to love God! (1 John 4:8-16)
- Love God for:
- Creating you! (Psalm 139:13-16)
- Loving you! (Jeremiah 31:1-3)
- _____________________________ you! (Psalm 19:14)
- Sanctifying you! (Hebrews 10:10-14)
- Preparing a place for you! (John 14:1-7, 1 Cor. 2:9)
- ____________ yourself, because Christ first loved you. (1 John 4:19-20)
- Healthy love for self only comes when we are serving Christ as He serves His Father. (Phil. 2:1-10)
- Healthy love for self requires dying daily. (1 Cor. 15:31)
- Love your neighbor:
- Live out the fruits of the ___________. (Galatians 5:16-26)
- Let your light shine. (Matthew 5:13-16)
- But the ____________________ of these is LOVE! (1 Corinthians 13)
- In Christ the _____________ light, pushes back the darkness!
(1 John 2:8)
- In _____________ we can have the light of eternal life! (John 8:12)
- ______________ in the light of love. (1 John 2:10-11)
Keys to Transformation
Answers: 1. God, 2.love, 3.eternal, 4.know, 5.Redeeming, 6.Love, 7.spirit, 8.greatest, 9.true, 10.Christ, 11.Walk