1 Samuel 17
1. Defeated by Fear
b. Saul’s army
2. Defied by man (Goliath)
a. Goliath had no respect for Saul
b. Goliath had no respect for the
3. Disillusioned by Pride
a. Goliath thought he was unstoppable
b. Goliath thought he was invincible
4. Directed by Truth (1 Sam. 17:26)
a. Uncircumcised Philistine
b. How dare he defy the armies of the LIVING GOD
5. Dismayed by circumstances
a. Stressed out by ___________________________
b. Anxious for a solution
6. Defensive toward truth (1 Sam. 17:28)
a. Attempting to justify their fear.
b. Attacking the truth bearer.
i. You don’t belong here!
ii. You just want to see carnage!
7. Driven by Faith and Hope (1 Sam. 17:32-37)
a. The Lord delivered
b. The Lord will deliver
8. Devoted to God (1 Sam. 17:37)
9. Delivered by God (1 Sam. 17:45-47)
a. David conquered the lion and bear
b. David conquered Goliath
Key to Transformation
Hope unleashed leads to eternal joy!
Hope unleashed leads to eternal victory!