Seven Key themes of James: Review from last week.
- Review of three main themes:
- Living out ones Faith (James 2:14-26)
- Being a Doer (James 1:19-27)
- Seeking Godliness (James 1:5,17-18,2:5,13, 4:5-6, 5:1-3)
Four other key themes found in James:
The Scattering of the Jews created opportunity for ministry! Allowing the Jews to reveal the Mighty Arm of God through:
- Overcoming adversity. (James 1:2-4)
- Adversity helps us trust in the Lord.
- Adversity separates us from things in this world.
- Adversity allows us to really fix our eyes on eternity.
- Taming the tongue (James 1:26, 3:5-8)
- Striving for a pure heart (James 1:26)
- Striving to bless the Lord (James 3:9)
- Growing up Spiritually. (James 1:3, 13-14, 4:7, 5:7-8)
- Spiritual growth through Testing
- Spiritual growth through Adversity
- Spiritual growth through Tragedy
- Revealing the power of prayer: (James 1:5-7, 4:2-3, 5:13-18)
- For those who believe
- For those who in trials consult the Lord
- For those who are selfless
Questions for Transformation
After looking through these scriptures and notes, give three examples of how a Christian should look at life differently than a non-Christian?
Are you applying these biblical truths to our lives?