1 John 2:1-6
 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.  He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.  And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.  Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him,  but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him:  whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked. ( ESV)
- God’s ___________ for us is that we do not do sin.
- If we do sin we must keep ________________ accounts with God.
- Christ the King of Kings _________________ to God for us.
- An advocate is a parakleetos one who is summoned, called to one’s side, especially called to one’s aid; one who pleads another’s case before a judge, a _________________, counsel for defense, legal assistant; an advocate.
b.universally, one who ____________ another’s case with one, an intercessor: 1 John 2:1
c.in the widest sense, a ______________, succorer, aider, assistant; so of the Holy Spirit John 14:16,26
- So _________________ is seated at the right-hand of God interceding for us. (Matt. 26:64, Mark 14:62, Luke 22:69, Col. 3:1, Heb. 8:1, 12:2)
- The Holy __________________ is communicating to Christ on our behalf as well. (John 14:16,26, Romans 8:26-30)
- God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are ________________ in one. (John 14:16-26, 16:12-15)
- Wow, how ___________________ is it that the creator of the universe, the savior/redeemer, and the comforter are all here to help us win in this battle with sin.
Keys to Transformation
On our own we lose!
In Christ we win!
Follow Christ and win!
1.will, 2.short, 3.pleads, 4.a.pleader, b.pleads, c.helper, 5. Christ, 6.Spirit, 7.three, 8.amazing