1 John 3:10-18
By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. Love One Another For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. We should not be like Cain, who was of the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own deeds were evil and his brother’s righteous. Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you. We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death. Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. ( ESV)
1 John 3:10-18, Genesis 4:1-16
Living a life of love indicates Christ being on the throne of your heart. (1 John 4:19-20)
- Cain represents the old nature: Selfish Living!!!
- Malice, (active ill will toward another), could be due to jealousy, covetousness, greed. All these come from the adversary. (Genesis 4:1-16, Hebrews 11:4, )
- Sins will prohibit the love of God from coming to you! We can’t love others as Christ loves us if we don’t have the love of Christ in us.
- Christ represents the new nature: Selfless Living!!!
- This love is not about you, it’s about God’s light. (Matt.5:16)
- This love reveals who your master is.
- Love for God will bring persecution from the world.
- Love for others is evidence of the eternal life in you.
- With love is life, no love no life.
- Hatred, like murder is not a fruit of righteousness.
- No murderer, (still having the heart of a murderer), without repentance, has eternal life in him. (Verse 15)
- Christ gave the ultimate sacrifice, we should do the same for others.
- If you can help someone but refuse to help, we know that God’s love does not abide in you.
- Talk is cheap. We must take action for the kingdom.
- I, like Christ, am willing to spend my life to advance the Kingdom of God are you? Time is short! (2 Cor. 6:2)
- In Christ I am His, I am not my own!! (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
Keys to Transformation!!
Know these truths in your heart:
Life is short! (James 4:13-17)
Eternity is forever! (1Timothy 6:11-16)
God created you for eternity! (Ecc. 3:11)
Therefore all I am is His! (1 Cor.6:19-20)