1-28-18, Being Accountable in 2018, Lights, Camera, Action,
“What’s in it for ME?”
- There’s no room for idols in our lives! (Exodus 34:14)
- Only a selfish motivation of the heart would lead to partiality?
- What could they profit ME if I favor them?
- What benefit can they be to ME if I favor them?
- What will I look like to others if I favor them?
- There’s no place for partiality/favoritism in the life of a Christian! (Jonah 3:6-4:11)
- Social status is irrelevant in God’s economy! (Matt. 5:3-12)
- The upside-down Gospel: “The End of Me” (Kyle Idleman)
- The Beatitude society of God’s economy: (Matt. 5:3-12)
- God looks at the heart (Gen. 6:5-8, 1 Sam. 16:6-13)
- Man looks at the outside (1 Samuel 9:1-2)
- Self is the Idol in partiality, what can this benefit ME?
- Do you look at someone as if they can do something for you because they have had worldly success?
- Do you think a rich person can benefit you? Do you treat them better than others?
- are they the ones oppressing you? (James 2:6)
- ONLY God is worthy of all praise glory and honor!
- ONLY our Father God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are to be praised, the rest of us are sinners, in need of savior! (1 Chronicles 16:28-34)
- Only God is sovereign! (1 Timothy 6:11-16)
- Favor and revere God alone all else will lead to a pit of despair! (Psalm 8,145)