1 John 2:26-3:3
I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him. Children of God And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure. (ESV)
Abide in Christ!!!
“From the inside out”
1 John 2:26-3:3, Judges 8:33-35, Romans 8:31-39
- Deception is something we will battle with, this side of heaven.
- Satan prowls around like a roaring lion _______________ whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:6-11)
- False teachers do not abide (continue)! (1 John 2:19)
- Allow the Holy Spirit (God), to teach you, not mere man (flesh). God has set aside Godly people to be teachers, ______________ that what they teach is for the good of the Kingdom of God. (1 Cor. 12:27-31)
- God has gifted people and filled them with the spirit to teach. (Romans 12:6-7)
- God has called on His church to teach God’s word. (2 Timothy 2:2, 4:1-5)
- These teachings must be tested. (1 John 4:1-3)
- To Abide means to continue in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by:
- Remaining In Fellowship with God (John 15)
- Walking with God (Col. 2:6)
- Being Steadfast for God (James 1:12)
- __________________ in God (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Resting in God (Psalm 46)
- Surrendering your life to God (Luke 22:42)
- God knows the _______________ and intentions of your heart. Do you? (Psalms 139:23-24, 1 Cor. 2:11-13)
- Although storms will come into your life, to abide requires intentional effort daily. (John 16:33, James 1:2-4)
- Will those storms strengthen or destroy your relationship with Christ?
- To remain, (abide) in fellowship with God, we must live for the _____________. (2 Cor. 5:1-5)
- Do God’s will: Light, Love, Truth
- Live God’s word: Read, Apply, Tell Others
- Surrender to God’s Spirit: Be Pure, Practice the Presence of God, Keep our eyes on Christ.Keys to Transformation
To abide is a daily decision!
To abide requires intentionality!
To abide is to win for eternity!
Answers: 1.a. seeking, 2. knowing, 3.d.trusting, 4.desires, 7.eternal