08-14-16, Surrendering In Sixteen, Our Shepherd “Jehovah” Part #2
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3 He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
“green pastures”- Represents God’s ability to feed us spiritually leading us to rest in His provision.
- Four things must happen in order to get sheep to lie down.
- They must be free of all fear.
- There must be good social behavior in the flock, if there is friction in the flock the sheep will not lie down.
- They must be free of flies and parasites; they must be free of all pests to rest.
- They must be full, not hungry. Hungry sheep will not rest.
- Christ is the Good Shepherd! John 10:1-21
- When we learn that God is our source for all things spiritually we have learned a lesson of eternal value.
- When we learn that the grass really isn’t greener on the other side we will rest where we are/ in Christ.
- “ still waters”- Jehovah-shalom, “the Lord our Peace” (Judges 6:24)
(je-ho’-va sha’-lom) (yahweb shalom, “Yahweh is peace”): This was the name given by Gideon to the altar he built at Ophra, in allusion to the word spoken to him by the Lord, “Peace be unto thee” (Judg 6:24). It is equivalent to “Yahweh is well disposed.”
(from International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, Electronic Database Copyright © 1996, 2003
, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)
- Shepherds of Israel Failed! (Ezekiel 34:11-16)
- Christ will not Fail! ( 7:17)
- “Peace” in the New Testament is granted when pursued!
- John 14:23-27
- John 16:25-33
- John 20:19-23
- “Peace” of Christ can calm the waters of your life!
Sheep will not drink from fast moving water.
- God knows how to quench our spiritual thirst.
- Are you thirsty for more of God in your life?
- We must act upon our thirst and totally pursue the Lord!!!
Keys to Transformation!
True Peace only comes from God!
True Peace must be pursued!
True Peace is Eternal!