07-10-16, Surrendering In Sixteen, Practicing the Presence of God
Psalm 27, Duet 6:4-9, Luke 9:23-27
- ________________ your schedule! “Is your relationship with God a priority”? (Luke 9:23-27)
- Schedule time with God daily! 10-50 Minutes
- Schedule time with God weekly! 1-2 Hours
- Schedule time with God Monthly! 4-6 Hours
- ____________________ God intentionally! (Matt. 6:33)
- Purge any sin from your life. Keep short accounts with God!
- It’s not a vacation/fishing/hiking expedition!
- Humility is required to pursue the presence of God!
- Put yourself on the shelf, seek God.
- Rest in God’s presence. (Psalm 46:10)
- _________________ your ears! “When God speaks do you hear”?
- Remove the distractions/noise of this life. (discontentment)
- Remove your personal ideas/plans. (selfless)
- Listen for God’s truth. (transformation)
- Test what you hear with scripture. (Acts 17:10-11)
- Apply God’s truth to your life. (Live It Out!)
- Submit to the spoken truth of God in your life.
- Go _________________ with God! (1 Cor. 2:6-16)
- God knows what you need. He wants to speak to you!
- Ask God to search you! (Psalm 139:23-24)
- Ask, seek, and knock. (Matt. 7:7-11)
- _____________________ God will meet you there! (Heb. 11:1)
- Faith is required to be near God. (Heb. 11:6)
- Focus on Christ. (Heb. 12:1-2)
- Take action. (James 1:22-25)
Key’s to Transformation!!
Give God an opportunity to speak to you!
Listen as God speaks!
Take action as God speaks!
Answers: 1.Clear, 2.Pursue, 3. Open, 4.Deep, 5. Believe