1 John 1:1-2:27
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life—the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us—that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete. Walking in the Light This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth… (ESV)
“From the inside out”
1 John 1:1-2:27
- A brief review of the book of 1 John reveals John’s use of opposites.
- Light and Darkness (1 John 1:1-2:6)
- Light is from _______ (John 1:9-13)
- God is light (John 8:12)
- Darkness is from the adversary (Ephesians 5:3-14)
- Love and Hatred (1 John 2:7-17)
- Love is from God (Romans 5:8)
- _______ is love (1 John 4:8,16)
- Hatred is from the adversary (1 John2:9)
- Truth and Error (1 John 2:18-27)
- Truth is from God (Psalm 25:5,86:11)
- God is truth (John 14:6)
- ____________ is from the adversary (John 8:44)
- In order to have fellowship with God we must:
- ___________ in the Light (1 John 1:7)
- ___________ one another (John 13:34)
- _____________ the truth in love (Eph. 4:25)
Keys to Transformation!
Surrender to the light of life, Jesus Christ!
Love without prejudice!
Speak the truth only, and always!
Answers: 2.a.God, 3.b.God, 4.c.Error, 5.a.Walk, 5.b.Love, 5.c.Speak