(Acts 8:1-3, Matthew 5:10-12)
- The death of Stephen
- Saul approved of his execution.
- Church of Jerusalem suffers great persecution.
- Persecution is not personal. (John 15:20)
- Remember it’s not about you.
- Remember this isn’t our home.
- Persecution is not about your, “Holiness”.
- It’s about whose you are.
- It’s about the victory we have in Christ!
- It’s about souls that will live for eternity!
- Scattering the believers. (Acts 8:4, 11:19-21)
- Great lamentation made over Stephen.
- Many believers were imprisoned. (Acts 22:3-5)
- Persecution for the sake of Righteousness leads to blessing. (Matt. 5:10)
Keys to Transformation
- Crisis Presented (James 1:2-4, Eph. 6:10-20)
- Character Tested (Romans 12:1-2, 1 Cor. 10:13)
- Victory Granted “By God Alone”!!! (Romans 8:37, 1 Cor. 15:50-58)